MediaTek grew from 26 percent to 31 percent market share in Q3 2020:
MediaTek outstripped Qualcomm to become the largest smartphone chipset merchant with a 31-percent market share within the third quarter of 2020, per a report. The Taiwanese chipmaker saw a robust performance within the $100 — $250 (roughly Rs. 7,000 — Rs. 18,000) bracket.
It conjointly received important growth in markets together with the Asian nation and China that helped it withstand Qualcomm, which is claimed to still lead the marketplace for 5G chipsets. Among alternative factors, MediaTek is believed to possess leveraged the sluggish growth of Huawei thanks to the U.S.A. sanctions to expand its market.
More than one hundred million smartphones were oversubscribed globally within the third quarter with MediaTek chipsets, Counterpoint reports. This helped the Hsinchu, Taiwan-headquartered company expand its market share to thirty-one p.c from twenty-six p.c within the second quarter.
Qualcomm dropped from 31 percent to 29 percent in Q3:
The growth of MediaTek places a dent in Qualcomm that was born from the thirty-one p.c share rumored for the second quarter to twenty-nine p.c within the third quarter. However, the chipmaker that produces flower SoCs for mobile devices emerged because the biggest 5G chipset merchant with thirty-nine p.c share constant quarter, as per the analysis firm.
Qualcomm’s enlargement within the 5G section came from the launch of the latest phones supporting the next-generation networks. Per Counterpoint, the demand for 5G phones doubled within the third quarter, with seventeen p.c of all smartphones oversubscribed within the quarter supporting 5G property.
The trend is probably going to continue with a tierce of all smartphones shipped within the fourth quarter are expected to possess 5G support.
MediaTek brought a list of affordable chipsets that helped in its growth:
Earlier, this year, Qualcomm brought 5G-supported chipsets together with flower 690, flower 750G, and flower 865, and that is to this point restricted to a couple of smartphone models. MediaTek, on the opposite hand, conjointly enlarged its chipset lineup across worse segments and introduced its Dimensity vary of 5G chipsets to counter the San Diego-based challenger.
Notwithstanding, Counterpoint noted that Qualcomm still incorporates a probability to regain its high position by taking up MediaTek within the fourth quarter. Counterpoint supervisor vale Gai explicit that the share of MediaTek chipsets on Xiaomi phones had redoubled by quite thrice since the constant amount last year.
The corporate conjointly made an inventory of cheap chipsets that became the primary choice for several telephone manufacturers to quickly fill the gap left by Huawei’s absence, the analyst previous. MediaTek’s robust market share gain in Q3 2020 happened thanks to 3 reasons — robust performance within the mid-end smartphone worth section ($100 — $250) and rising markets like LATAM and MEA, the U.S.A. ban on Huawei, and at last wins in leading OEMs like Samsung, Xiaomi, and Honor, said Gai.
The restrictions on Huawei that resulted in offer constraints for its HiSilicon chipsets conjointly helped Qualcomm gain some market share within the third quarter. “Qualcomm and MediaTek have each reshuffled their portfolios, and client focus has vied a key role here,” aforementioned Counterpoint analysis Analyst Ankit Malhotra.
The analyst conjointly underlined that the world’s least expensive 5G device, Realme V3, is hopped-up by MediaTek. Apart from MediaTek and Qualcomm, Samsung, Apple, and Huawei managed a 12-percent market share every within the third quarter.
Whereas Huawei did not receive any growth throughout the quarter, Samsung’s share declined from sixteen p.c and Apple’s share grew from the eleven p.c rumored for the second quarter.
You may also like:
- Best Apple AirPods alternatives; https://thesparkwear.com/best-apple-airpods-alternatives/
- The Best Nintendo Switch Games: https://thesparkwear.com/the-best-nintendo-switch-games/
- Best Laptops for Gaming: https://thesparkwear.com/best-laptops-for-gaming/
- 10 Best AR Games For Android: https://thesparkwear.com/10-best-ar-games-for-android/
- Digital Video Games: https://thesparkwear.com/digital-video-games/
- Best Apple iPad 2020: https://thesparkwear.com/best-apple-ipad-2020/
- Best Telescopes for Beginners: https://thesparkwear.com/best-telescopes-for-beginners/
- World’s Largest Top 10 Smartphone Companies: https://thesparkwear.com/worlds-largest-top-10-smartphone-companies/
- Best Girls’ Spring Dress Shoes: https://thesparkwear.com/best-girls-spring-dress-shoes/
- Best Moon Lamps 2020: https://thesparkwear.com/best-moon-lamps-2020/
- TOP LAPTOP BRANDS IN THE WORLD: https://thesparkwear.com/top-laptop-brands-in-the-world/
- TOP CAR BRANDS IN THE WORLD: https://thesparkwear.com/top-car-brands-in-the-world/
- TRAVEL DESTINATIONS – TOP 10 IN THE WORLD: https://thesparkwear.com/travel-destinations-top-10-in-the-world/
- Apple Watch Series 5 (GPS) 44mm: https://thesparkwear.com/apple-watch-series-5/
- For the best apple products: https://www.apple.com/